We are getting closer to the 25th December, CHRISTMAS DAY and I thought I would make some sausage rolls. This is my first ever time making them and I thought I would try it out before the big day. I gave some to my work colleagues and I must say it went down a treat, everyone thoroughly enjoyed them therefore I thought I would share the recipe with you all. As I have said in my Indulgent Christmas Macaroni & Cheese recipe I usually cooked guided by our ancestors therefore if you feel to change and adapt the recipe feel free.
6 Sausages- I used Tesco’s finest Cumberland sausages but you may use a sausage or sausage meat of your choice
Dried Thyme- 1 teaspoon
All-purpose seasoning- ½ teaspoon
Garlic Granules- ½ teaspoon
Black pepper- ½ teaspoon
Jerk BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Place your sausages in a bowl and remove the skin from the sausages
- Finely dice half an onion
- Add the onions, dried thyme, all-purpose seasoning, garlic granules and black pepper to the sausages and bind together to create a mixture.
- Dust a surface with some flour and place the puff pastry on the surface
- Using your hands roll filling into a sausage shape and place on the pastry
- Whisk the an egg
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the edge and fold over the pastry to create a sausage shape
- Press the edges of the pastry together to seal it together and using a sharp knife trim the sides of the pastry
- Brush the top of the pastry with eggs and sprinkle dried thyme on top
- Cut into ¼ sections
- Place greaseproof paper in an oven tray
- Put the tray in the oven bake for 30 minutes at 180C
- Once baked remove the sausage rolls and let them cool on a rack
- To serve I used premade cranberry sauce and a jerk BBQ sauce
- Bon Appetite!